Summer's around the corner, and it's set to be a scorcher! As the weather warms up and customers line up for cooling solutions, ensure you and your team are ready to stay cool under pressure and manage the high demand for air conditioner installations, services, and repairs.
- South Africans are gearing up for a hotter-than-usual summer as El Niño hits the country. Warnings of heat waves and above-normal temperatures mean more people will look for ways to stay cool. We predict the demand for air conditioning will skyrocket, and the season will be busier than usual for the HVAC industry.
Stay cool under pressure during your busy season: 8 tips
- The forecast for sales this summer is looking good for your HVAC business. But what can you do to prepare your team for a busy season?
- As HVAC Software providers, we've worked with many businesses in the industry and gained insight into managing seasonal demand. We've taken what we've learned and created this guide to help you and technicians stay on top of your workload:
1. Automate job scheduling
- When there's a surge in demand, it can be challenging to fit all your appointments into your schedule. Reduce the stress of managing a high volume of service requests by automating job scheduling with software. Set up the software to schedule jobs based on technician availability and location to maximise productivity. Automation saves you time and ensures you assign all appointments to a technician.
2. Track progress in real-time
- Use a Job Card Management System to track your team's progress in real-time. Access to real-time job updates helps you keep technicians on track to meet deadlines. You can see what jobs they've completed, what they're working on, and which appointments they've put on hold or abandoned. No matter where your technicians are, you can keep an eye on them.
3. Create a quote template
- Generating quotes can be time-consuming, taking time away from work that matters. And if it takes too long to create quotes, your prospects may turn to your competitors, and you'll lose sales. The most effective way to overcome these challenges is to simplify the process. Create a quote template with your logo and company details to do this. Whenever you need to generate a quote, all you need to do is add the proposed prices and customer details.
4. Optimise inventory management
- Prepare for seasonal demand by optimising stock levels. Inventory management helps prevent stockouts and overstocking. A well-stocked warehouse ensures your team has the parts and materials they need for customer jobs. Preventing overstocking reduces the cost of carrying stock and capital tied up in materials. Track and manage stock levels with an Inventory Management System to minimise downtime and improve efficiency.
5. Reduce travel time
- Technicians spend a lot of time travelling from job site to job site. They could use this time to help more customers, increasing productivity and sales. The best way to reduce the time your team spends behind the wheel is to optimise route planning. Use Vehicle Tracking Software to track your team in real-time and assign appointments to the nearest available technicians.
6. Embrace automation
- Repetitive tasks can time up an unnecessary part of your team's day, leaving them less time for customer jobs. Use software integrations to automate busywork and reduce their workload. Connect your Job Card Management Software to platforms like Microsoft Outlook, Xero and Salesforce to automate manual admin tasks.
7. Simplify invoicing
- If your invoicing process is too complicated, it may take your team too long to generate invoices. Late invoices can lead to late payments, affecting your cash flow. They can also frustrate customers and strain your relationships with them. The best way to avoid late invoices is to streamline invoicing. Use Invoice Software to create an invoice template to speed up the process and protect cash flow by automating payment reminders.
8. Collect customer feedback
- Feedback can help determine whether you meet customer expectations during your busy season. Customers experience service delivery first-hand, so they can tell you whether you deliver a quality service. Collect feedback by calling customers after service appointments or sending survey links via SMS or email. Use their feedback to see where you fall short and make changes to improve service delivery.
Heat up efficiency with Eworks Manager
When the heat is on, ensure you have the tools to manage your workload. Try our software with a 14-day free trial to see how we can help you keep up with customer demand this summer.